Thursday 25 April 2013

Djournal Coffee & Bar

Oh my gosh, it's been soooo long since my very last post here, quite frankly I miss it. Things has been quite hectic with all my campus projects and freelance works (freelance graphic design stuffs, in case you're wondering). I hardly had the time to chill, hangout with fellas and tryout new restaurants. After quite a while, I finally got the chance to go to this newly opened cafe & bar, located at Grand Indonesia Mall, DJOURNAL.


Me and some of my fellas have been waiting for this cafe to open, because it looks like it's gonna be a cool place, especially knowing that it's created by Ismaya Group, one of the coolest business groups around here. And my predictions are true, the place is super kewl.


Since I'm a design kid, I enjoyed the designs very very much. I love the "Take a Smile" concept of spreading business cards as well as the color scheme of the place. The graphics work well with the style of the place, adopting vintage classy feel and the warmth of hand-painted things. Everything is well put-together. The place oozes out hipster aura as strong as a super saiyan oozes his super aura.



Okay, enough with my design talk and let's move on to the place's tongue-pleasers. They serve coffees, teas, light bites and of course, desserts. I ordered one of the barista combos there, and they are......

Nutella + Cappuccino Barista Deal : 55k

Ta-Da! The mighty duo of Nutella Cake + Hot Cappuccino! I'm such a huge Nutella fan so I had high expectations on this one cake.


The Nutella cake is out of this world. Really. The outer layer is soft cream with soft taste and the inner layer is the "punch of sweetness" with moist and crunchy texture. The cake is a mixture of dark chocolate flavor with strong hazelnut and Nutella here and there. I completely loved it. I took each bite, pause the conversation, and go "Mmmmmh.." like really, because it's THAT good. Even my friend is amazed by my reaction towards the cake. A little taste of heaven I may say. My advice to you cake goers, TRY THIS.


I took the Cappuccino without adding sugar, I like that it balances the sweetness of the cake. Plus points for the cup color, matches Bingo really well :D
Overall, I recommend Djournal for anyone who is looking for a nice place to hangout, talk, work, or just collecting some thoughts. I will come back here for sure some time. If you see a girl with geeky glasses, a Nikon DSLR and some little toys on the table, it will probably be me.

Address:
Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, West Mall, Ground Floor
Jl. MH Thamrin 1, Jakarta

Price:
+/- Rp. 40.000 - Rp. 65.000 / person

Rate:
9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment