Wednesday 29 August 2012

Loola's by Awfully Chocolate



Sometimes you just happen to find nice restaurants by accident. That is how I found this nice place at Singapore's Esplanade Mall. My mom actually went there to go to this awesome chocolate cafe called Max Brenner, well, we got there eventually but not just yet because it was still closed when we got there, soooo we walked around the mall and found Loola's by Awfully Chocolate. The place is so bright, cool and nice with a lot of white elements. Their dishes are western style and many of them are not like what you can find on lots of other western restaurants.

Loola's Salad & Creamy Tomato Bacon Soup

My mom orders two dishes for her, Loola's Salad and Creamy Tomato Bacon Soup. I tried the salad and my favorite part is the crispy bacon and baked honey pecans. The greens are rocket leafs , and well, honestly I'm not a big fan of them, but hey, eat 'em together with the bacon and pecans, and I'm happily helping my mom finish the salad. The Creamy Tomato Bacon Soup tastes delicious. The creaminess is right and the bacon adds a nice taste to the tomato soup. By the way, we ordered Acqua Panna for our drink and I just love the graphics on the bottle, had to compliment it #offtopic :P

Souffle Omelette

The highlight of this lunch would be SOUFFLE OMELETTE. Write that in capital 'cause it is that good! They described it as the fluffiest omelette in the world and they're not kidding, it is the best omelette I've ever eaten in my life so far.


The texture of the omelette is quite crunchy on the top and super soft on the inside. I can tell that the outer crust is made of some cheese. The mushrooms have the most vivid taste, it really balances the omelette, tomatoes and toast well. Put all of those elements in your mouth and BAM a beautiful explosion of flavor. Overall this dish is a really well-balanced dish that leaves my taste buds super happy. Definitely must-try! :D
Since this restaurant is by Awfully Chocolate, I'm curious in trying the dessert but my tummy was already so full at that time and mom still wanted to go eat dessert somewhere else, so yeah, didn't try any of 'em :( But when I'm around at Singapore next time, I'll come back to this place, try the desserts and write it here :)

Address:
Esplanade - Theaters on the Bay
8 Raffles Avenue #02-14 Singapore 039802
Price:
$23-$36
Rate:
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment